Thursday, August 4, 2016

An Interfaith Mom's Journey



Welcome to Interfaith Mom. This blog has been 30 years in the making. From the moment when we decided to take a course in interfaith marriage, to the birth of our children, and right up to the present with a Bat Mitzvah and a Bar Mitzvah under our belts and a child in college.

Although I am not an expert in this topic, I'd like to hope I've done a good job at it. If the proof is in the pudding, our daughter's college essay and her own blog about tradition tells me that we did something right. (And I'll share it at some point.) Of course, she just started college. Let's see where that takes us some day. Ah, yes! It will give me more to write about, I am sure.

Although this blog is from the Mom's perspective, it takes two. My husband will tell you that often times, when we think we've got it right - and I'm good with the decision we made - I'll break into tears for what appears to be no reason. Those are the moments when it becomes clear that it really does take two and that this decision is certainly not over and done with once you make it. It comes back into view regularly throughout your marriage, family milestones, and day-to-day life.

My goal is to share my journey and show you how it has developed and will continue to develop along the way.

Welcome to my journey as an Interfaith Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment